Friday, October 3, 2008

Then again maybe not.



Ok, so yet again I was out smarted by my son. The very next day, (yesterday at bedtime) after my wonderful broken bed plan, Hayden comes up to me and says,
"Mommy's Room?"
"Nope, mommy's bed is broken."
"Nnnnooope is not."
"Yes, it is. So Hayden needs to sleep in Hayden's room."
at this my son shows me his toy tool box and says,
"Nope, mommy's bed not broken. I fixed it, see."

So, how do I reply to this? I was lost for words. I told him again that he needed to sleep in his room and continued to get him into bed. I put him down for the night (or so I thought) and then went downstairs to watch some TV. On a commercial break I go up to check on him. His room is exactly how I left it; lights off, music on low, and the door propped open just a touch with his stuffed Rhino. All is clear on the western front it would appear, but yet in the still quite of his room something was missing. I couldn't put a finger on it for a moment and then it hit me. WHAM! I don't hear him snoring...what to do?!? Do I risk checking on him because it might wake him? But what if he is suffocating (ok, no it's not like I leave plastic bags in his bed or anything, so it wasn't a realistic thought but hey I am a mom so leave me alone)? So I pushed the door open a crack and peer into his bed, fully expecting to see his little body sleeping soundly. I was wrong (I hate being wrong), he wasn't there. He had snuck out of his room, propped the door again so I wouldn't notice, and gone down the hall and climed into my bed. He was sleeping soundly. And no, (as if there were a doubt) I did not wake him and march his little bum back to his bed, I just curled up next to him and went off to sleep. Where is he tonight you might ask???asleep, in MOMMY'S ROOM.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Children are by far more intelligent than we want to believe. It's one of those denial factors we instill as hope that we, as parents are the one in charge.

Hope the glow-in-the-dark stars work out for you....for more than one night.

Cambrey said...

it took almost 3 hours to get him to stay in his room. He was tired from no nap but still wanted mommy's room. I am giving him a rainbow maker (puts rainbows around the room with lights) so maybe that will help too.