So, David is in jail. It seems like he has been there forever somedays and the next day it seems like just yesterday. Well, now we need to decide if we wait it out until court or make bail. If we wait then all this time counts as time served if he gets sentenced to jail for a while...but we don't know what will happen. The attorney wants to try to get this into mental health court due to the situation, but all that does (according to what I have read in the UT law code) is send him to the state mental hospital until he is stable enough to finish a sentence in jail etc. So really, what good would that do since he spent 7ish weeks in a mental hospital before going to jail? I have no idea what to do. Part of me wants him out so we can spend some time together before he goes "back" to jail, if he goes back, and part of me wants to keep him there because I think it will be harder to send him back if that is what happens. I know that he wants to get out, get a job, and look functional, but I don't know how much good that will do.
Today has been a bad day for me. I am having a hard time with everything. I never thought that I would hate being alone. I have always thrived alone, but now, all I want is for things to be the way they were. I am the type that would cut my losses and let him figure it out on his own. The point that I would normally call enough enough and leave has past, and for some reason I can't let him go. I don't know what it is this time. Maybe it is that the longer David is gone the more that Hayden asks for him. Hayden had a hard time even wanting to hear David's name a few weeks ago and now he is mad that Daddy isn't at the zoo and that we can't see Daddy at the doctor's office (what we called UNI) anymore. It is hard to see him not be able to understand, and now, eight weeks after daddy left mommy is working umpteen hours a day and he is sleeping more nights away from home than at home (and yes he is back in my bed when he is at home).
No comments:
Post a Comment