So, it turns out the best laid plans don't turn out sometimes. This is especially true when people don't think things all the way through. We had it all worked out, David would get discharged from the Community Treatment Center (CTP) after spending 7 weeks in various different psych hospitals and we would go together to meet the attorney I had found to help him with the pending charges. He talked to the staff last night and arranged for a ride home and things were fine. This morning I got a call from him saying that they wouldn't drive him home and he was raving about other random ways everyone had let him down. I was at work when he called me and after talking to my friend that works with me I called CTP and talked to the staff about picking him up and letting him bring me back to work and then he could make his appointments and all would be fine. I left work and drove to CTP. As I pulled into the parking lot there were 2 sheriff SUVs and I knew something was wrong and I knew it involved David. I went in to see the people I had talked to and was told that David was at the end of the hall talking with the psychiatrist and social workers. I asked if I could join them and they told me to wait. I was freaking out...I needed to go back to work and I didn't know what was going on. After a few moments the social worker came to talk to me. I guess (this is what the social worker told me), instead of waiting for the staff to figure out how to help him (they were going to let him stay until he met with his attorney and had to go to court) David figured he would call 911 and tell them he was suicidal...that way he would go to a hospital etc... and be fine. Well, what he didn't think about was the fact that when you call 911 the police show up and with 2 warrents out for his arrest he would be in trouble. To top that off the psychiatrist didn't fall for his temper tantrum and told that to the police. I waited outside for him to be taken out to the sheriff vehicals in hopes I could at least talk to him. As he was brought out he yelled, "Well, I guess I'll see you." at me and I asked the social worker to ask the sheriffs if I could speak to David. They were very nice and allowed me to meet with him outside the car (although one sheriff stood right there as I knew they would). David told me that the staff at CTP wouldn't listen to him and he did what he ahd to do. To the suprise of David and the sheriff, I told him that he didn't have to do that at all, he could have waited to talk to the people making the decisions or call me back, like he had said he would. I told him that this was a consequence of his rash choices and I would do what I could to get a hold of the attorney, but was making no promises. I asked if I could give him a hug goodbye and was granted my request...I appriciate the sheriff for that, that was well above and beyond what he had to do. After that I went back to work and tried to focus on other things. I hope that I can find out what time he will be at court and make it there so I can be there for him, but if not, it is his fault. I am certain the attorney would have made a time that worked for me to all go in together tomorrow...that was the plan, butI guess we will have to see. I am really glad that I have been meeting with my therapist, Molly, each week because I am finally learning some tools that actually keep me from needing so much therapy.
Well, I need to go to bed, I work at 5:45 a.m. YIKES!! Well, feel free to stop by the bakery and say hi. 33rd south and 30th east - northwest of REI back in the corner by the Flower box
1 comment:
WOW!!! I am sorry you have to go through so much these days. Call me if you want to talk. :-) I can't fix anything, but I am a good listener.
Post a Comment