Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Mommy's broken bed.


How is it that children can sleep almost anywhere and in any position and it takes me hours to get comfortable enough to maybe fall asleep?

It has been weeks since Hayden has gone to bed in his room without a fight. Most nights I have just given in and let him sleep with me (since David isn't here) and now he thinks if he is "good" instead of "naughty" he gets to sleep in mommy's room.

Well, that isn't quite working well, since I don't want him to think that sleeping in his room is a punishment. It should be a good thing right? I tried everything I could think of, and nothing worked. Today while he was at school I started to fold the mountain of laundry that has been piled up since shortly after David went into the hospital. The folded clothes covered my bed and I didn't have time to put them away before I had to go get Hayden. Well, that was my out...mommy's bed is broken...broken meaning it cannot be slept in for any number of reasons. And wow, a broken bed is all it took. He went right down in his bed. No fight, no tears, no "please mommy's room...I be good, no naughty." Those all break my heart and I tend to give in.

I think mommy's bed will be broken for a long time to come.

No comments: