Monday, May 4, 2009

Neighborhood Bliss.

I found this picture on a friend's FACEBOOK page after this little incident happened and think I need to buy one and hang it on my door.

People need to realize that if you live by people you will at times hear them or thier pets. If you don't want to be disturbed, live in the middle of nowhere.

Yes, I have dogs. Yes, they go outside. But I do not let them out when I am not home and as soon as they start barking I bring them inside. I know my neighbors have kids...we share a driveway after all. I know that when their kids are playing outside that it can become annoying to hear my dogs barking, but come on, calling the police? That is taking things a little far isn't it? But I am honestly not surprised. These are the same neighbors that I go to church with, and since August, when David had some issues, will not speak to us hardly at all. The same neighbors that take their kids inside if my son comes out to play and David is home. Most neighbors would just call me and ask me to bring them in because their kids are asleep and the windows are open, or let me know. But not these neighbors...these neighbors wait until my son has had his tonsils out and I am trying to tend to him, while he is screaming in pain (and no the screaming didn't help the pain and yes the windows were open so they knew I was dealing with something else) to call the police because my dogs are barking (Do you think I can call the police when their kids are screaming in the driveway and Hayden is napping?). Like I need anymore police called to my home. They know what is going on and they still try to rub in in that they are better than I am....like Sunday, the day after the police were called because my dog barked for 3 minutes before I could get to them, they said as I was outside playing with Hayden... "We missed you guys in church today." To which I replied..."well, since my dogs need time to play I stayed home to give them time where they wouldn't be a bother to you...and by the way, your mom almost got towed yesterday, but I ran over and had her move her car before she did." (I have since bought bark collars for my dogs, it is less expensive than a ticket for "Barking Nuisance) Then I smiled and went inside.

No comments: