Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Randomness

Don't ask me why I chose this picture, I have no clue.  I just like it.  I was driving through Southern Utah and saw it and said to myself, "Self that rock formation looks like a grumpy face you should take a picture of it." So I did.

Anyway, what a month this has been for my family yet again.  I hate it.  I can't stand the roller coaster my life has been on and it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon.  At least for now it seems to have plateaued for a while, sadly that is because David has once again found himself in jail and I don't have to deal with it all.  That sounds harsh I know, but the distance is giving me time to reflect and figure out where I want to go from here.  I haven't figured out where that is yet, but I will I am sure eventually.

People keep asking me what I want.  My answer of "I don't know" doesn't seem to satisfy them and they continue to give me their advice of what they would do if they were me.  I don't understand how advice like that works, because no one else is me nor have they been in this situation.  I do not ask their advice, they just offer it and hope I will take it (with the exception of certain people that reserve advice for when I ask for it - I love those people).  When/If I don't take their advice I get hounded and hounded to know why and to try to convince me that they know better than I do since they have never been in the situation and only know bits of what is really happening.  :)  I know their intent is good, but seriously I am 31 and can figure this out on my own (with the help of my highly skilled team of student therapists and their advisers at the U). 

Well, I guess I will update this again when I get things worked out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that things are difficult for you right now. I know you will figure out what you want to do next, in time.
Unsolicited advice from friends and family can be really annoying. I have none for you, I will send Prayers and good thoughts your way. Good Luck!!