Monday, July 28, 2008

Tales from the potty...


Well, I decided to start over on this whole blogging thing. I don't know that I will remember to keep doing it, I tend to forget things like this, but I am game to give it a go yet again. It is now almost August and I don't quite know where the summer has gone. Hayden is almost potty trained (we have issues getting the poop where it should go but he tries).

Potty training has given me new appreciation for diapers though. The nice thing with diapers is that you don't ever have to worry about missing the timer or not making it to the bathroom on time when he yells "MOM, MOM, I GOT TO GO POTTY" because normally by the time it hits that point it is just about to start going down his legs.

Saturday gave us yet another new 1st in the saga...peeing by the side of the road. We had driven up to Idaho as a family since our power was out and it was hot. 1/2 way between exits the ever famous yell came, "I GOT TO GO POTTY" (Hayden loves to yell this even though I am sitting 2 feet away from him). I had no choice, I pulled to the side of the road, pulled him out of the car, had him drop his pants and go. He loved it. So much so that it is now all he wants to do. I wish I had just let him go in his pants since he now wants to go outside all the time. I guess it isn't so bad, the dogs go outside after all.

1 comment:

Lana said...

HiCambrey,

I've become a Hermit. But I have a couple of blogs you might be interested in. I will end you an email.

Hayden will KILL you for putting this photo online when he is about 14!