Friday, August 15, 2008

WONDERFUL


WONDERFUL!
This is the new phase of the month that I get to hear 9 million times a day. I blame Grandma, she told Hayden something was "wonderful" once and now everything is "wonderful". And I mean everything.

"Mom, you cookin?" "Yes kiddio, I cookin." "Wonderful"
"Mom?" "Yeah buddy?" "Sun goin' night night?" "Yep, the sun is going night night." "Wonderful...Hayden no go night night k?" :)

It is so nice that everything to a two year old is so wonderful. Why can't it be that way for all of us? Hayden can find something wonderful no matter what the situation is.

"TV broken?" "Yep, buddy it's broken" "Ok...go play trains?" Yeah, let's go play trains." "Wonderful, tv broken go play trains."

Ok, so the TV wasn't really broken, the connection was just fuzzy, and the sun doesn't really go to sleep, but that isn't the point really. The point is that a two year old will make any situation wonderful for himself and others too...

"What happened? Mommy cryin?"
"Nope mommy is just frustrated"
"Mommy sad?"
"Yeah, mommy sad."
To this remark get a huge kiss and hug and hear
"Mommy no sad, mommy happy."
It isn't so much a question as a command, Mommy will be happy.
"Yes, kiddio, mommy happy. You are here how could I be sad."
"Wonderful, see."

2 comments:

Summer said...

It's so true that children have such amazing spirits to help keep the adults in tune. Hayden is a "wonderful" blessing in a load of people's lives.

Thanks for sharing such a cute story, and I really liked your writing style on this one!

Loves.

Anonymous said...

He is too cute!! I love to see what our kids will say next.